Friday, February 12, 2010

Excuse me while i tie my shoe

As far as titles go, this title has nothing to do with the content of the post. The title just popped into my head and i went with it. If you would like, i could mention shoes? Evan got a new pair of shoes this week, and a pair of slippers. Happy?

Ok, now on with the show. We had our normal AVT appointment this morning, and it went splendidly well. Tania was able to come with, by the way Tania is my wife, Evan's mom. I'm sure i've mentioned that before. Tania isn't able to secure time off work to join us, but she's off work due to an injury so she was able to sacrifice an hour of rest, for an hour of AVT. I do love it when Tania is able to join us, after all it's Evan's progress that we get to see. To me it just feels right when we go as a family.

Mila, our AV therapist told us that every year audiologist students get together and meet a child who basically exemplifies how well a child with cochlear implants and AVT can do. We were asked if we wanted Evan to be that child! What a freaking honour. That just shows how far he's come, what's hes overcome, and his amazing potential. I'm so proud of him.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: